Monday, October 4, 2010

varicosities, belly button fuzz, and other pregnancy ailments

Ok...so I'm just going to pretend that I didn't set myself up for failure, by promising to update my blog more.  Yeah, just forget about that!

For real, I had good intentions, but life has a tendency to get in the way of blogging!  However, after my lack of blogging was commented on by a certain blog stalker (you know who you are), I felt it time to get back to it!

So we're rockin' and rollin' over here, right on into week 32!  Can you even believe it!  I am now officially a mobile home (and yes, that refers to both my size and my purpose)! 

In the last week I have ballooned, or rather Squirt has ballooned!  I think he's supposed to be about 4 lbs now!  And it is unbundantly clear that he is outgrowing his current residence.  I no longer am getting this cute little Squirt kicks.  Nope, instead I can feel him twisting and turning as if he's trying to get comfortable.   Have you even woken up in the middle of the night because your significant other was elbowing you in the head?  That's what it feels like!  As in...it's not pleasant.

The other news is that my feet are in a constant swollen state at this point.  So much so that I'm sure my grandmother's feet probably look better than mine right now.  It's insane.  I know it's normal, but it doesn't make it any less uncomfortable...or embarrassing!

I will say (even though it will make me feel like my grandma, again, to complain first and then say how lucky I am) I've been pretty lucky overall (see!).  I know people who were sick for 9 months, or on bedrest, or being admitted to the hospital on an oddly regular basis for Braxton-Hicks contractions.  None of that over here, thank goodness (although I am tired and crabby and can't breathe)! 

My belly button is even in it's proper location!  Well, at least close to it's proper location.  I think it might be trying to pop now but so far I've been vigilant about pushing it back in!  And, while I normally am the Queen of all Belly Button Fuzz, this half outie situation has forced me to relinquish my crown, at least temporarily!

But really what I feel most lucky about is that I have no varicosities!  Because, (I'm sorry to say my childless friends) you can get them everywhere (as in everywhere)!  I won't terrify you with the details, I'll let the baby book do that for you!  But again, I have a friend who had some varicosities in some uncomfortable places and she was miserable for a long time!  So thank you Squirt for making me feel nothing but love for you!!!

Somewhat related, I also want to thank my family and friends, and George's family and friends for the wonderful baby showers I had last week!  All the aunties and grandmothers worked really hard to plan these showers and I am seriously grateful for that!  Everything was lovely, and everyone was so generous.  We feel so lucky!

Here's a look at a crazy pregnant woman at 32 weeks!























And here is a look at the things crazy pregnant ladies pass on to each other!  Don't worry, it only looks like it's from the 80's!























Alright well, I hope you're all finding pleasure in my pain!  I'm out!


1 comment: