Tuesday, September 14, 2010

week 29: attack of the hormones

Attention world: the second-trimester-honeymoon-phase is over!

Consider yourself warned.

Let me just tell you that at the beginning of this third trimester some horrible, imaginary, out-of-my-control switch was flipped and it is Hormone Central over here.  All kinds of hormones: good, bad, happy, sad, angry, hungry, frustrated, anxious...you name it, I've experienced it.  Translation: I'm freaking emotional!

It's awful.  I'm tired, overwhelmed, and irritated.  Everything is bothering me and the worst part is that I know it and yet, I can't control it.  Bad!  Bad hormones!  I've been on the verge of tears for like four days now but they just won't come.  I know I'll feel better after (unfortunately, that is a concept lost on the male species) but I can't do it.  Want to know why?  I don't have time!

Between work and school and growing a baby there is no time to breakdown.  There's plenty of things to make you want to breakdown but no time to actually do it!  (In addition to not breaking down, I've also not exercised, cleaned my house, eaten a healthy meal, or done a plethora of other essential baby preparation things.)

Damn this being an adult thing!

There is good news though!  I think...  We've just about decided on a daycare for Baby Squirt.  We don't have a name for said baby, but he will have a regular daytime appointment with 5-7 other babies!  Now it's on to the pediatrician.  See, I can just work on checking off one baby necessity at a time!

Also, I'm very excited for some family baby showers that are coming up.  I know everyone has been working hard on their plans and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate it and am looking forward to them!

Even better, I love my kid so much I can't even stand it!  I can't wait for him to get here!  Well...I can wait and I hope he waits because he needs to cook some more and Mama has a ton of stuff to do before then.
 
That being said, I was too impatient to wait for my wonderful husband to get home so I tried a self portrait.  It's good-not-great but will definately do the trick!



















Ok I'm off to tackle some more homework!  Maybe next time I'll address the wonders of the pregnant navel!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about people who can't believe how far along you are. Clearly, you are used to being a thin-to-normal sized lady, so of course YOU feel like you're huge. Most people really don't process that someone is pregnant until the belly sticks out farther than the boobs. So if you got a boost in that department from the hormones, or you were just naturally blessed in that department, it takes longer to "look pregnant" to the general population. A year from now you'll have a completely different set of things on your mind and none of this will matter any more. BTW, I think you look great and you seem to be carrying your pregnancy very well. Best wishes to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking it would be fun if you stand in front of that same door for the rest of your pregnancy photos so we can watch Squirt reach for the door knob!

    ReplyDelete