I am having an amazing Thanksgiving and am feeling like I would like to proclaim my thankfulness to the world!
However, I have to say that Turkey Day 2010 did not start out so wonderful. First I was canceled from work. So I had to kiss that holiday pay goodbye. This always makes me feel guilty, which generally means that I do not go back to sleep in the morning. This happened to me this morning. But to be honest, I wasn't sleeping very well anyway, boo.
The day continued to be icky as I was having some serious contractions this morning. That, of course, made me all anxious and annoying. But my loving George came to the rescue and was all supportive and understanding. And that is when my day really picked up and caused me to want to scream my thanks from the tops of the trees.
That being said, let's get to the thanks already.
I am so thankful for my family. They are so amazing and supportive. They are so excited about this little Squirt, so much more than I ever expected. My mother, who hates talking on the phone, calls me regularly to check up on me. It makes me smile every time. My dad must know I love him because he asks me every time I talk to him how much weight I've gained, and I haven't screamed at him once! And hanging out with my beautiful sister, who is so kind, independent, strong, motivated, and full of love, is absolutely the thing I miss most about home.
I am also thankful for George's family...he obviously is too! I am clearly a unique brand of crazy in this family and yet they seem to like me just the same. They are so open and loving and I always feel like part of the family. The best part is seeing how much they love George. I obviously think he's the best person ever and am so thankful that his family helped to make him like that!
I am super thankful for my Squirtfetus, a) because he was finally conceived and b) because he is going to grace us with his presence very shortly. Speaking of that, I am so glad that he has not shown his little face yet but I am eagerly awaiting his arrival anytime after Tuesday! He is obviously the best fetus a mom-to-be could ask for and I think that speaks volumes about how awesome he is going to be in the future!
Related, I am most thankful for my husband. Without him I would have no fetus and no future little family of my own. Today he was awarded the Best Husband Ever award by a seriously biased judging panel! He is normally amazing but this year he has been exceptional. He is supportive, understanding, and (almost) always says the right thing. When I told him I felt so lucky that I had such a supportive husband, he looked at me like I had three heads and said how else would I be? This is exactly my point, not every girl gets this lucky, but he just is that awesome without trying. He always tells me how proud he is of me and even tells me that I'm not crazy when I clearly am! He's so fantastic and I can't imagine my life without him. In the last 11 years we've grown and changed so much, but are always getting closer. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 11 years!
And now for some photo fun! I am seriously thankful for the Thanksgiving dinner that George made today! It was possibly the best Thanksgiving dinner we've ever had (sorry moms)! He such a great cook and everything was fantastic! In fact, it was so great I was inspired to take a picture of our feast (I felt like a certain food-blogging couple we know..what up guys!)!
Yes, that is food for two people! Also, while it is difficult to see, I would like to be thankful for my awesome gravy boat! It was given to us as a wedding gift and it is seriously great! I have never really liked gravy before but this year it was superb!
And I am grateful that it is supposed to snow tomorrow and Saturday. It would really make me so happy! I know I'm the only one who thinks that but everyone else can suck it!
Ok, I think I've proclaimed enough thanks for one day. Instead I'm going to hang out with my man. And for those of you who don't care about me and only come here for the baby news, well, haha! No I'm kidding, don't fret, nursery pictures will be up soon! And of course, soon there will be a totally inappropriate number of baby pictures posted on this little blog!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
OK, I'm crying here... You are so lucky to have found each other. We love you both (well, all three of you) SO much!! And I am truly thankful and blessed.
ReplyDelete