Monday, December 20, 2010

pardon the interruption

I'm sorry I've been neglecting my little blog here.  I've been kinda busy...having a baby!!!!

Yep!  Our baby has arrived.  Well...he actually arrived about two weeks ago (yes, I'm being vague on purpose).  Basically, he is the best baby that ever lived!  And he is ours!!!  In fact, he is Squirtastic!
Labor was somehow wonderful and horrible at the same time.  I will spare the details for anybody who is about to have a baby or who is contemplating having a baby.  But just to be clear, no matter what happened in those two days in the hospital, waiting for my baby, it was all worth it.

He is amazing.  He hardly cries, but when he does it breaks my heart.  He eats like a champ, but what else would you expect from a nearly 10 lb baby!  

And very important, my Squirt is a little man.  There is no mistaking my baby for a little girlie.  He looks like such a little boy.  And I can't wait for my little boy to know his mama and hold out his little arms for me.  But in the meantime, I'll settle for watching him sleep peacefully on his daddy's chest (it's all I could ask for).

*****

As an expectant mother, I made every attempt to be prepared for the arrival of my child.  In the end, I decided that it was best to be prepared to be unprepared.  This was the best idea I had in nine months.
Oh.My.God.  There is nothing you can do to prepared for the arrival of your first child.  I'm acutely aware of that now...and I got lucky with this one!  

But, the crying, and the feeding, and the pooping, and funny faces while he sleeps.  Nothing could prepare me for this.  I almost never know why he's crying.  I never know when he wants to eat (which makes venturing out of my house terrifying at this point).  You never know what to expect in the diaper, but the explosive poop (which only happens when his dad changes him) is hilarious.  Oh and I've been peed on more times in the past two weeks than I would care to admit to!

And the faces, oh the faces.  His little face makes the most unique expressions while he sleeps.  Including smiling.  I'm desperate to know what he dreams about.  I imagine it goes something like, where's the boob, I can't find the boob, I need the boob, oh there it is....yesssssss.

*****

If I could rewind for two seconds, to a pre-baby topic, I would like to share the funniest thing I've ever seen.  A friend of my sister's, who is quite hilarious if I might add, likes to read this blog and she was curious about the belly photos.  

Apparently, it warranted an internet search (the network as my grandmother calls it)!  And this is what she found!

The best part is that I looked at the first picture and laughed.  Then I sent her an email that I was completely disturbed by the link.  But later, I was showing George and he scrolled down, something I had neglected to do.  Oh...it got MUCH worse!  So click on the link and make sure to look at the WHOLE page!  It's worth it!

*****

Ok, so here's what I'm sure you've been waiting for.  And since I'm not currently emotional and freaking out I'm going to post some little photos of my pride and joy!  (Sorry family, I don't think any of these are new to you.) Enjoy!






I'm off to partake in some QT with my boys now.  Peace!

2 comments:

  1. those pictures were soo precious! i can't wait to get to know little G! Hope you are feeling well. Let us know when you feel up to getting together! - Diana and Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that you are now sharing "vague" stories about delivery... See how that works? Anyway, LOVE THIS BABY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete