Last night, when I was trying to go to sleep, I asked God to beer me strength.
And you know what? He beered it! He beered it up real good!
Good thing too, because today was Day 1 of daycare. And...success!
The drop off went much better than expected. I know this may sound totally out of character for me, but I was running late this morning. (I think the morning routine is going to take some getting used to.) But I think my tardiness actually paid off this time. Since I was running late I didn't have too much time to dwell on my sadness. I actually arrived to the daycare in plenty of time, it was then that I thought oh my God, how am I going to be able to do this?
Right about the time I thought I was going to lose it another mother came in to drop her infant off. She said hello, dropped the baby gear, and said goodbye. It was then that I thought I can do this! So I did. And work was so hectic that I didn't have too much time to think about it. But, I have never been so excited to leave work in my whole life!
Work, on the other hand, was a showcase for my stupidity. My goal for today was to not make an ass of myself. It actually wasn't that bad, I was just seriously slow. And if I can get personal for a minute, pumping at work sucks! First I have to go to the pumping room, then pump, then put the milk away, and then put the pump away, etc., etc., etc. Good thing I love this kid!!!
I gotta go stare at my kid now. Maybe someone will beer me a burrito later! Happy Monday peeps!
I almost died when I saw this picture of him with the sunglasses, so funny and so adorable!
ReplyDeleteOMG he is SO DARNED cute!! Glad you both survived the return back to work! Miss you all :)
ReplyDelete